5 Days Discover Organic Coffee in Kaffa, Bonga
Route: Addis Ababa – Jimma – Bonga – Addis Ababa
Note: Itinerary can be amended upon request
Day 1Arrival at Addis Ababa Bole International Airport & City Tour
Arrive at Bole International airport, meet & greet with us and transfer to the hotel.
Visit Addis Ababa:
- Visit Mount Entoto(3,300 above sea level. The Church of St Mary (1885) and Emperor Menelik II Palace. The Entoto Museum, with its historical exhibits, is well worth a visit. The Panoramic View of Addis here is spectacular.
- Ethnological Museum (within Addis Ababa University) that exhibits the culture and handicrafts of various Ethiopian ethnic groups,
- National Museum in which you are visiting different archaeological findings (including Lucy’s replica Skeleton).
- Visit the Trinity Cathedral, Mausoleum of emperor MenelikII at Bààta Church
- The Unity Park – in the Menelik II’s Grand Palace
- Merkato– the largest open market in Africa.
- Visit one of the famous coffee shops like Tomoca.
Overnight – Hotel, Addis Ababa
Day 2Addis Ababa – Jimma – Bonga
Fly from Addis to Jimma, visit King Abba Jiffar at his Place in Jima and drive to Bonga, Kaffa province (about 100 km asphalt road). Visit a traditional Kaffa house and learn about the culture of the Kaffa people. Drive to Ellelo, Adiyo falls, the Dadiben, and Gora Hot spring.
Overnight- Hotel, Bonga
Day 3Trek to Mankira
Trek to Mankira Coffee Forest, the place where coffee Arabica was first discovered. Meet the local coffee farmers. On the way; visit the Adaracha Medhane Alem church and the Gurguto natural Bridge.
Overnight – Hotel, Bonga
Day 4Bebeka Coffee Plantation
Driven to Bebeka via Mizan Teferi. On the way, visit the Honey city/ village for coffee and Honey farm. The 93-sq-km Bebeka Coffee Plantation, 28 km southwest of Mizan Tafari, is Ethiopia’s largest and oldest coffee farm. Visit both wild and planted coffee farms.
Overnight – Hotel, Mizan Teferi
Day 5Mizan Teferi – Jimma
Drive to Wolaita Sodo via Gibe Hydroelectric Dam.
Overnight – Hotel, Jimma.
Fly from Jimma to Addis Ababa and Departure (end of the trip)
Share This Page